It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 7:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 262  Next
 Post subject: Re: state your unpopular opinions as facts
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:08 am 

Tudwell wrote:
Dark Side is the best. Wish You Were Here is next best and might be on par with Dark Side if it weren't for that turd of a song Have a Cigar. Animals is pretty good, but fairly far behind either of the other albums.

I like Have a Cigar. :nono:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:11 am 

Me too.

also , on the topic of PF

solo on Time >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Comfortably Numb. Seriously, how did the latter get hailed as Gilmour's best solo by the world ? He has about a half dozen better, if not more.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:15 am 

Also, re Animals, WYWH and Dark Side, I like all 3 about as much , the other 2 just a bit more. Perhaps cause ive overplayed Dark Side. Either ways, all 3 are in my top 50 for 1970s.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:18 am 

batman wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if Curtis Mayfield's best work was in his quiet storm period. Though I am not wondering this as much as I am stating this.

For real? What albums are you talking about, all I've heard is Curtis, Roots, Curtis/Live, and Superfly.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:58 am 

Tudwell wrote:
Dark Side is the best. Wish You Were Here is next best and might be on par with Dark Side if it weren't for that turd of a song Have a Cigar. Animals is pretty good, but fairly far behind either of the other albums.

I like neither Welcome to the Machine nor Have a Cigar, but at the moment I think it's better than Dark Side anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 am 

Yousha wrote:
Negative. Superfly is usually considered to be his masterpiece. also, Superfly was a number 1 album for 4 weeks, Curtis barely cracked the top 20. Superfly had 2 top 10 singles, Curtis none. Also, Superfly has Pusherman and the title track, both bigger than any song on Curtis. Also, higher RYM ratings, higher greatest list ratings, and I could go on.

BUT, Curtis is better.

Its not cool to think Superfly is his best because that's the one everyone knows. BUT, its a little better than Curtis.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:57 am 

Gray wrote:
batman wrote:
I'm starting to wonder if Curtis Mayfield's best work was in his quiet storm period. Though I am not wondering this as much as I am stating this.

For real? What albums are you talking about, all I've heard is Curtis, Roots, Curtis/Live, and Superfly.

I was referring to the album "Give, Get, Take and Have," but upon further meditation I'm not sure I agree with my unpopular opinion now

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:13 am 

pnoom wrote:
Tudwell wrote:

I like neither Welcome to the Machine nor Have a Cigar, but at the moment I think it's better than Dark Side anyway.

Yeah, good point. Both those songs are pretty grating. The rest is good enough to make up for it, with the title track being one of their prettiest and most moving tracks. On the other hand, I like every song on Dark Side, so it's solidly my favorite Pink Floyd album.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:58 am 

i love both welcome to the machine and have a cigar, it's the endless lamenting to syd barrett that i find tiresome these days. shine on you crazy diamond should have been a shorter, single track

still better than dark side for me, easily

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:40 am 

dreamcoil wrote:
i love both welcome to the machine and have a cigar, it's the endless lamenting to syd barrett that i find tiresome these days. shine on you crazy diamond should have been a shorter, single track

still better than dark side for me, easily

Oh very much yes. Had it been tighter the album would have been definitely improved. I've never understood the decision to break it apart and intersperse other music in between.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:42 am 

well then, you are a man of taste (and i assume wealth too)

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:41 pm 

dreamcoil wrote:

I, too, have this feel. The second half of Shine On would have sufficed for the whole thing.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 pm 

I enjoy every part of the album. The only part I would consider cutting is the white noise at the beginnings and ends of some of the tracks.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:52 pm 

Everyone who thinks "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" should have been one shorter track is a crackhead.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:49 pm 

fearoftrains wrote:
Stavros678 wrote:
Matt Bellamy is the greatest singer of all time.

I just found out what the phrase "douche chills" means and immediately thought of this post.

I try

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3924 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 66, 67, 68, 69, 70, 71, 72 ... 262  Next