DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 137  Next
 Post subject: Re: Awful, Awful Music
PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:04 pm 

Location: the south is a shithole from which no human decency can escape
You know Mitch, just because I know I suck at sports doesn't make me good at sports.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:12 pm 

It might make you entertaining though.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 4:58 pm 

Timitzii wrote:
Meh, I've only recently learned to ignore songs like that. I heard the song, it wasn't good, but spreading the word for it is only going to make it more popular. If somebody likes it, he/she is free to do so. I don't really care.

nah man, dont agree. people need to listen to such stuff so that they think twice before calling some of the other music out there bad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:08 am 

boo boo wrote:
You know Mitch, just because I know I suck at sports doesn't make me good at sports.

Actually, if you consider the aim of sports to entertain, and you know you are bad and enter a sporting event anyway, that makes you pretty good at sports.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:26 am 

The aim of sports definitely isn't to entertain. The term "good at sports" has been used in the same way forever, there's no way it refers to how entertaining you are.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:31 am 

I think the aim of sports IS to entertain us. 'Being good at sports' differs from being 'entertaining at sports' though.

Yousha wrote:
Timitzii wrote:
Meh, I've only recently learned to ignore songs like that. I heard the song, it wasn't good, but spreading the word for it is only going to make it more popular. If somebody likes it, he/she is free to do so. I don't really care.

nah man, dont agree. people need to listen to such stuff so that they think twice before calling some of the other music out there bad.

I see your point, but I don't really care. If somebody likes them, he/she is allowed to do so.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 1:57 pm 

Gray wrote:
The aim of sports definitely isn't to entertain. The term "good at sports" has been used in the same way forever, there's no way it refers to how entertaining you are.

Well then for boo boo's analogy to work, the aim of music has to be to win, if not, it's irrelevant.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:44 pm 

Mitch NZ wrote:
boo boo wrote:

Actually, if you consider the aim of sports to entertain, and you know you are bad and enter a sporting event anyway, that makes you pretty good at sports.

Except watching people who are bad at a sporting event is not entertaining (regardless of whether they know it or not) other than in a "haha what a dumbass" sort of way that is not fixed by someone doing it deliberately. In fact someone being deliberately bad is annoying.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 2:45 pm 

Mitch NZ wrote:
Gray wrote:

Well then for boo boo's analogy to work, the aim of music has to be to win, if not, it's irrelevant.

Sport has multiple aims. Are you suggesting that music's aim is to entertain?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:44 pm 

I love the game where we try to reduce a complex and multifarious human activity involving innumerable people with wildly divergent aims to a single aim and then try to judge the people engaging in that activity by the light of that one aim and don't care that all such attempts inevitably lead us to tremendously stupid and patently contrary to fact evaluations.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 4:21 pm 

corrections wrote:
Mitch NZ wrote:
Gray wrote:

Sport has multiple aims. Are you suggesting that music's aim is to entertain?

I might say that the object of music can vary. There is music that is obviously geared to be appealing to the masses and other artists who use music more as a form of self expression.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 5:08 pm 

Mitch saying a lot of unsmart things.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 8:02 pm 

Is music's aim not to entertain?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:55 pm 

That's one of those discussions where nobody leaves understanding more than they started with.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:44 pm 

People wouldn't bother with music if it wasn't entertaining. Meh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2051 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88 ... 137  Next