DDD Home Page
DDD Music Lists Page
DDD Movie Lists Page
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 59  Next
 Post subject: Re: Small Topics
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:09 pm 

Well he's had 18 years since that interview to respond and hasn't so I think Mr. Malmsteen is safe.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:40 am 

:lol:

Phil just seems like the type of guy I wouldn't wanna cross...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:58 pm 

JRA wrote:
You know, I actually think we should redo our "top 100 albums from the 80s" list. For one thing I have acquired alot of the albums on it that I have previously unowned/heard.

Same thing for the 90s as well. There are waaaaay too few Immortal albums there.

So any seconds of this notion?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:19 am 

Sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:20 am 

Yes.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 am 

So Nesquik, do you want to handle this or should I (I must say it's really weird to have one DDD list on my RYM page with all the others on yours)?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:22 am 

I don't want to do it. Fuck the 80s.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:12 am 

:lol: K. You were the one complaining that it never happened.

Anyways, what are people's general opinions on Load?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:20 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
I like Load. Bleeding Me and Outlaw Torn are two of their best songs imo, Mama Said is really unique, Hero of the Day and Sleeps are good, and say what you will, but Ronnie sounds cool. The rest of the album is mediocre to suck though.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:54 am 

Sherick wrote:
I like Load. Bleeding Me and Outlaw Torn are two of their best songs imo, Mama Said is really unique, Hero of the Day and Sleeps are good, and say what you will, but Ronnie sounds cool. The rest of the album is mediocre to suck though.

Bleeding Me is kind of tainted by the mid 90's esque production and the goofy country thing James had going on vocally. But that middle breakdown riff...fuckin A that's awesome. If that was a thrash break by any other band it would be universally beloved.

Hero of the Day...I want to say this song is shit because of it's alternative-ballad type of nature, but I just can't. I was watching some of the songs from the S&M show on youtube and that one came up as a recommendation. Decided to listen to it out of curiosity. Now I've relistened to songs out of nostalgia and I still enjoy them, but I wouldn't say they are objectively good, but this? This was fucking awesome. And the symphony complemented it really well IMO.

Now Mama Said, that had no place on a Metallica record whatsoever. If James wanted to record a solo album of some kind, that would be fine, but not here.

Last edited by JRA on Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:04 am 

Load: Image

If you redo an 80s list, mine won't change at all. I've been really lazy with listening to new (to me) albums.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:57 am 

Location: Matthew McConaughey has won the Oscar for Best Actor in-- "You think you know me..." Shit.
JRA wrote:
Sherick wrote:

Bleeding Me is kind of tainted by the mid 90's esque production and the goofy country thing James had going on vocally. But that middle breakdown riff...fuckin A that's awesome. If that was a thrash break by any other band it would be universally beloved.

Hero of the Day...I want to say this song is shit because of it's alternative-ballad type of nature, but I just can't. I was watching some of the songs from the S&M show on youtube and that one came up as a recommendation. Decided to listen to it out of curiosity. Now I've relistened to songs out of nostalgia and I still enjoy them, but I wouldn't say they are objectively good, but this? This was fucking awesome. And the symphony complemented it really well IMO.

Now Mama Said, that had no place on a Metallica record whatsoever. If James wanted to record a solo album of some kind, that would be fine, but not there.

Aw, they changed it so it sucks :sad:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 4:57 am 

Nesquik wrote:
If you redo an 80s list, mine won't change at all. I've been really lazy with listening to new (to me) albums.

Which will make the process go that much smoother.

and Sherick, your comment went completely over my head.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:16 pm 

Do you have any interest in re-doing the 90's list Nes?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:05 pm 

We had a lot of people submit for the 90s. Probably not enough now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 884 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21 ... 59  Next