And the rest of these are borderline possibilities depending upon what we end up with from the other decades.
41. I Never Loved A Man (The Way I Love You) - Aretha Franklin
42. I've Been Loving You Too Long - Otis Redding
43. Shotgun - Jr. Walker & the All-stars
44. Crimson And Clover - Tommy James & the Shondells
45. Time Of The Season - Zombies
46. River Deep, Mountain High - Ike & Tina Turner
It's very posible that these 6 could all end up making the top 500. It depends what Brian and BA come up with for the 70s, 80s, 90s and beyond. When we look at those candidates we may all feel that these 6 here are more worthy than the stuff in 31-40 range the 70s in the 80s, or than the stuff in the 21-30 range in the 1990s, we'll see.
Personally, I think the 80s look weak. Some of the stuff that is ranked near the top of the site's 80s decade list....
5. I Love Rock 'N' Roll - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
6. Don't You Want Me? - The Human League
7. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
8. Like a Virgin - Madonna
11. Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics
12. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses
13. Call Me - Blondie
20. Girls Just Want To Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
....does not seem as significant to me as the top 20 stuff in the other decades. We listed them on this list, but it seems to me that a couple of these ended up too high on the top 300 as we tried to keep with Trance's rankings.
And some of the stuff that is highest on the 80s list but not yet on this list...
25. Purple Rain - Prince
26. Physical - Olivia Newton-John
34. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
35. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leppard
36. Flashdance...What a Feeling - Irene Cara
41. Kiss - Prince
44. 1999 - Prince
45. Rock the Casbah - The Clash
46. Hungry Like the Wolf - Duran Duran
47. In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins
48. Careless Whisper - Wham! feat. George Michael
49. Take On Me - A-Ha
50. Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
51. Our Lips Are Sealed - Go-Go's
does not seem to me to measure up to the other decades either. I can see us maybe only taking 25-30 or so from the 1980s, we'll see what Brian and BA think, right now we're estimating about 40 from the 1980s.
Maybe Trance missed some important things when he did the 1980s list. I know he left "Little Red Corvette" off the top 100.
I don't see something like "Pour Some Sugar On Me" as being in the league of things like "California Girls" and "Hit The Road Jack" but maybe that's just my lesser awareness of the more modern stuff.